This guide will help you make sure that Krisp is installed and configured correctly on your Windows 10 device so you can make calls without noise. This guide may be helpful if you are unsure if Krisp is setup and running correctly so you can troubleshoot.
It is assumed that Krisp is set up using device login process and the "Force Krisp microphone as a system default device" checkbox is checked by the team administrator.
- Check if Krisp is running by checking the toolbar
- If Krisp is not running use Windows Search to find and run Krisp. More details are available in this article.
- Then click on the Krisp icon. The Krisp popup will appear.
- Since you are logged in with your device, make sure that your device hostname is shown in the Krisp window and you can see your team name (on the image below, circled in red)
- Next, make sure that the "Remove Noise" toggle for the Microphone is turned ON. This will ensure that when there is a call, the noise going from your side to the others will be removed.
- Next, make sure that there is an "Auto - " prefix at the start of the selected microphone name. This ensures that Krisp is currently set as a system default microphone and will be available to use with any app in your system that is using system microphone.
- Another way to ensure this is to go to Windows Settings -> System -> Sound and ensure that the Input Device is set to Krisp Microphone
- Finally, open your calling app and make a call. During the call, make sure that the Krisp icon changed color in the taskbar, that there is an "in use" greein indicator near Krisp Microphone and the activity indicator near Krisp microphone is reacting to your voice and is green.
That's it! You've configured Krisp correctly! Enjoy calls without noise!