This guide is intended to help troubleshoot the most common issues that may happen during the installation and configuration of Krisp with device login flow with "Force Krisp as a system default" checkbox checked.
How to make sure that Krisp is configured correctly on my device and is ready to go?
Check our handy guide for this --> https://help.krisp.ai/hc/en-us/articles/360013421640
I am not sure if Krisp is working. How to check if it is cleaning the noise now?
There are several indicators that Krisp is currently in use and is cleaning the noise.
During the call, make sure that the
- Krisp icon changed color in the taskbar
- There is an "in use" green indicator near Krisp Microphone
- The activity indicator near Krisp Microphone is reacting to your voice and is green.
IMPORTANT: These indicators show up only during an active call. So if you are not in a call, you will not see them. Make sure you call someone and only then check these.
I do not see the green "in use" indicator near the Krisp Microphone during the call. How to fix that?
If you do not see the "in use" microphone, then the audio is not routed through Krisp.
- Check if Krisp Microphone is selected in the system configurations. Go to Windows Settings -> System -> Sound and ensure that the Input Device is set to Krisp Microphone. If it is not, set it to Krisp Microphone.
- Check your calling app's sound settings. The Microphone setting in your calling app should be set to something like "System default", "Default" or "Same as system"
I am in a new environment with new noises. How do I make sure that Krisp will remove them?
Notice the "Test Noise Cancellation" feature in the Microphone section of the app.
Click on it and follow the instructions. This feature will help you make a quick recording of your voice and see how well Krisp mutes the noises in your environment. The recordings are done locally and are not shared with Krisp or anyone else.
Krisp shows a welcome screen with "Sign In/ Sign up" screen. What do I do?
If you see that screen, then most probably, the device login is not configured correctly.
In Windows file explorer, go to the path
and check if there is a file named "team_secret.key"
If you find that file in the path, quit and start Krisp by clicking on "Quit Krisp" from Krisp menu and then launching it from Windows menu.
If you do not find the file in this path, please contact your administrator and ask to copy the file in the given path. After the file is copied there, quit and start Krisp again.
Krisp shows a generic error with no further explanation. What do I do?
Contact your administrator. There is some fatal error with Krisp. An app reinstall may be needed.