Who can use this?
Users: users on all plans
This article explains how you can manually uninstall Krisp from one or multiple Mac devices at once.
Manual removal can be needed in these cases:
- You still see Krisp audio and video devices on your machine after uninstalling the app.
- You still see Krisp icon on the toolbar after uninstalling the app.
- Krisp audio is in an unhealthy state and restarting the app or CoreAudio driver doesn’t help and you need to manually uninstall/reinstall the app.
To manually remove Krisp from a Mac device, follow these instructions:
- Quit Krisp
- Remove the following files and folders from the Mac device:
File/folder name File/folder path Krisp application folder "/Applications/krisp.app/" Krisp uninstaller folder "/Applications/Utilities/krisp/" Krisp audio driver folder "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/KrispAudio.driver/" Krisp local storage folder "~/Library/Application Support/ai.krisp.krispMac/" Krisp local cache folder "~/Library/Caches/ai.krisp.krispMac/"
- Restart the core audio of your Mac to remove Krisp audio devices from the system. For that:
- open Terminal
- paste this command: sudo launchctl kickstart -kp system/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod
- press the return key to run the command
Files/folders present in some cases
These files and folders may be present or not on your device. Check for them as well, and remove them if they are present:
|Krisp uninstaller local storage folder
|Krisp launch agent
|Krisp sentry cache
|Krisp uninstaller cache
|Krisp local config file
|Krisp analytics events cache file
Krisp video-related files/folders
If you have Krisp video installed on your device, remove the following files and folders:
|Krisp camera plugin
|Virtual background images
Follow these steps to remove Krisp video device from the system:
- open Terminal
- paste this command: launchctl remove ai.krisp.krispMac.cameraAssistant command
- paste this command: launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/ai.krisp.krispMac.cameraAssistant.plist
- press the return key to run the commands