When doing screen sharing in Zoom with "Share computer audio" toggle enabled, the audio is heard as a high pitched broken audio loop.
The issue is visible when the user is using
- Apps: Zoom, Google Meet or another app with screen sharing functionality
- Platform: Mac
- The "Share computer audio" or "Share tab audio" or similar option is enabled
- Both Krisp Microphone and Krisp Speaker are selected In the app
The issue is happening because when the "Share computer audio" option is enabled, the audio from the speakers is routed to the microphone and causes the loud audio loop.
To mitigate the issue you can try the following
- Deselect the "Krisp Speaker" from the calling app's settings
- Do not use the "Share computer audio" option together with Krisp
Fixing the issue
The fix is expected to be released in Q3 2020.