When installing Krisp on Windows for the first time or updating it from inside the app, you might face the "Krisp Setup Wizard ended prematurely" error message.
This might happen for a number of reasons. For example, the updating process includes the uninstallation of the previous version and the installation of the new one. Some system processes need to be closed in the course. If any of those are failed to be terminated, the mentioned error might be received.
Please try restarting your computer to have the corresponding system processes closed and try updating Krisp once again.
If the problem persists
If restarting the computer doesn't help, we will need the installation logs to investigate the problem.
- If it's the updating process that causes issues, please report a problem from the app as shown here.
- If the issue happens during the first-time installation, go to the %localappdata%/krisp folder on your computer, zip the folder and send at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the problem you experience.
- Sometimes the system might not manage to create the Krisp folder with the logs in it so you will need to use an indirect way for getting the .msi logs of the failed installation. Follow these steps:
- Check which folder the Krisp installer is in (it will most probably be in the Downloads folder. If it is not, you can move it there for an easier accomplishment of the steps).
- Open the Command Prompt as an admin (Right click >>> run as admin).
- Navigate there to the folder where Krisp installation package is stored. If it's the Downloads folder, type cd downloads (cd space downloads) and press Enter. You will be led to the Downloads folder.
- Type the following commands in that folder: msiexec /i "krisp-v1.18.8-x64.msi" /L*v "KrispInstallationlog.log"krisp-v1.18.8-x64.msi (please make sure to change the bold part of the command to the name of the latest installer package file you have in your computer).
- After this, a file named KrispInstallationlog will be created in that same folder as the installer is. Please send that file at email@example.com describing the problem you face.