This article will explain how to configure Krisp with any other application on your Mac device.
Krisp is designed to work with hundreds of apps and web-apps where your microphone/speaker or camera is being used. Krisp creates a virtual microphone/speaker and a camera on your machine that work in the app/web-app cancelling the noise and creating a virtual background.
For an app/web-app to work with Krisp, the app should:
- be able to work with virtual devices in general,
- have dedicated audio/video settings.
If these two conditions are met, you will need a simple two-sided configuration to start using Krisp microphone/speaker and Krisp camera in your communication apps.
- Select the physical microphone and speaker you wish to use in the Krisp app and turn on the noise cancellation toggles.
- Select the Krisp microphone and speaker in the audio settings of the app/web-app you intend to have noise cancellation in. The below example is from Zoom:
- Go to the Video tab of the Krisp app and select the physical camera you wish to use.
- Restart the communication app to make the Krisp camera appear in the list of the available cameras.
- Select the Krisp camera in the video settings of the app/web-app you intend to have a virtual background in. The below example is from Zoom:
If your desktop app doesn't let you choose a mic/speaker and a camera to work in it, unfortunately, you won't be able to use Krisp with it on your Mac device.
If the web-app you use doesn't let you choose a mic/speaker and a camera to work in it, you can set Krisp to work with your browser in general. This article will tell you how to set up Krisp with browsers.