This article will tell you how to record your calls through Krisp, listen to the recordings later and share them with others.
Note: Make sure to have Krisp version 1.20.13 or higher on Mac to benefit from the feature.
Who can use the feature
To use the feature, you need to have a Krisp personal account. It can be on the free or Pro plan.
The feature is not available for the team account users.
How to record
The first recording
When you start your first recording, you will see a pop-up. Click on the "I understand" button to agree to the terms and automatically start the recording. You cannot start a recording until you give your consent.
To record a call through Krisp, you need to have both Krisp microphone and speaker selected in the same communication application. There should also be an active call through the app.
Here is how to start the recording.
One Krisp device selected in the app
If you have only Krisp mic or Krisp speaker selected in an app and start using it, you won't be able to record from that app. Krisp will hint you to select the other Krisp device in the communication app as well. When you change the app settings, you will be able to record the call through Krisp.
Multiple applications using Krisp at the same time
If you have more than one application using both Krisp devices at the same time, you will see a dropdown list. You can pick the app from which you wish to record before starting the recording. You cannot change the app during the recording.
When will the recording stop
Your recording will stop in the following cases:
- you manually stop the recording
- the call ends
- you quit Krisp
- you replace one of the Krisp devices in the communication app with a different device
Once the recording stops, you will be led to that recording in your krisp.ai account.
The Recordings section in the account dashboard
Once you click on the "I understand" button during your first recording, a Recordings section will be opened in your krisp.ai account.
Here is what you will see there. Let's go through some points in the section.
- You can see how much storage of your recordings is used. You have 1 GB of storage with the free plan and 10 GB of storage with the Pro plan. Check this article to know what will happen when you are out of storage.
- If you are on the free plan, click on Get more storage and proceed with upgrading to the Pro plan. That way, you will have 10 GB of storage.
- You can search your recordings by their titles.
- By default, the title tells you the date of the recording and the app it was made with.
- The Date column gives you the date and time of the start of your recordings.
- The Status column indicates the privacy of your recording.
Private: only you can have access to the recording
Public: anyone who has the link can access the recording. If the recording is public, you can click on the Copy Link button and share it wherever you want.
You can change the status of your recordings anytime. If you make a public recording private, those who had the link will lose access to it.
Check this article to know how others will see the shared recording.
Hint: Click on any column name to sort the recordings in ascending or descending order according to the selected criteria.
Listening to the recordings
Click on a recording title to open it. Here is what you will see:
You see the title of the recording, its date, the app from which it was made, how much storage it takes up.
- Click on the title and start typing to modify it.
- You can download the recording to your computer. It will be stored in the Downloads folder.
- You can delete the recording. Note, that the recording will be deleted forever and you won't be able to restore it.
- You can play your recording, go back and forth for 15 seconds.
- The playback speed can be up to x2.
- To share your recording through a link, you need to make it public. You can change it back to private anytime in the future.