Who can use this?
Users: users on all plans
Check this article to see if Krisp is successfully installed and running on your Windows device.
Check your Krisp app during the call. Krisp is removing the noise from your online meetings if the following indicators are present:
- Krisp has changed its icon and has a green checkmark on it. Check the icon states here
- you see that the Krisp mic and speaker are being used by the communication app,
- the communication app where Krisp is working is indicated in the Krisp app,
- the remove noise toggles are turned on,
- the green soundbar for the Krisp microphone is moving as you speak.
The noise is canceled from your stream only if you have noise cancellation minutes available. If you're on the Personal plan, you'll see the remaining minutes in the app. If you're on a Pro plan, you'll have unlimited Noise Cancellation minutes.
These indicators on the widget will show that the noise is being canceled during the stream:
- the communication app where Krisp is working is indicated in the widget,
- the Remove Noise toggle for the microphone is turned on,
- the Krisp Microphone soundbar is moving as you speak and is green.
HintThese indicators show up only when there is an active stream. Make a test call with someone or go to the audio settings of the communication app to check the indicators out.
Krisp will need a few seconds to recognize and adapt to the new noise. You can test how the noise is cleared from your environment with the Test Noise Cancellation feature. Check this article for more info.
Krisp works best within a distance of 50cm. If you are standing farther than that, expect that your voice might be distorted.
If Krisp taskbar icon has a red X on it, then there is an error in the app hindering you from using it.
When you open the app, you can see:
- error signs for the Krisp mic/speaker. Hover over them and follow the instructions to fix the issue. Example:
- an app error with instructions to fix the issue. Example:
If you see a General error and you have admin rights on your device, please try repairing Krisp. If that doesn't help, uninstall and install the app again.
If you don't have admin rights, ask the administrator to perform the actions for you.