Who can use this?
Plan: Teams/Enterprise (only admins)
Managed from: Admin Dashboard on Mac/Windows
This is a Krisp team account setup, where the team-member accounts are not linked to email addresses. Krisp is being set up directly on the devices and anyone working on that device can use Krisp. The devices are combined into one team account. The admin can add new devices to the team or remove the existing ones.
This setup works on Windows devices only.
Contact your Account Executive at Krisp to have a device-based team created. Once done, you can log in with the admin email address and access the Admin Dashboard.
The device-login team can be managed both from Mac and Windows devices.
Follow these steps to set up Krisp on the devices of your team members:
- Go to the Devices page of your Admin Dashboard on account.krisp.ai.
- Click Set up more from the Unassigned devices tab.
- Download the team_secret.key file
- Go to the Krisp folder on the host computer with the following path: C:\Program Files\Krisp
- Copy the key file and paste it there.
ImportantIt's important not to change the key file name!
- The user will automatically be logged in to the device-login team when they open the Krisp app.
You can see the following information on the Devices page:
- The number of assigned devices on the Assigned devices card.
- The number of unassigned devices on the Unassigned devices card.
- The number of the blocked devices on the Blocked devices card.
Click the Manage button on the Assigned devices card to can see the following:
- The list of the hostnames of the devices where the team-key file is copied and the Krisp app has been opened will appear here.
- The arrow at the end of each row opens the Device information window.
The following actions can be performed here:
- Enter the description - you can add a description for each of the devices, that would be visible only to you. This can be helpful when managing large teams. For example, you can easily differentiate which teammates use an exact device.
- Block device - you can use the option to block a certain machine from using Krisp with the device-login team account. When you block a device, the dedicated seat becomes unassigned.
To unblock a device, follow these steps:
- Go to the Blocked devices tab >>> Manage
- Find the needed device and click Unblock >>> Confirm
InfoIf you unblock the device the unblocked device will not be in the assigned devices list again. However, if the secret key is present on that device and Krisp app is opened, an unassigned seat will be re-taken by that device.
- Unassign from seat - you can use the option to unassign a device from a seat. The seat will be freed up to be taken by a different device.
ImportantMake sure to either remove the team-key file from the device you unassign, or block it. If the team-key file is still present on it and the app starts there, the unassigned seat will be taken by that device again.
- To assign more devices to the unassigned seats click Set up more and follow the instructions.
- To add more unassigned seats click Get more seats >>> select the seat number you want to add >>> click Buy seats
To remove seats from your team, check this article.
ImportantCheck the billing logic for the team account before adding/removing seats.