If you wonder whether there is any noise in your environment and if Krisp detects and cancels it, the widget will give you the insight.
Note: To benefit from the feature, make sure to have Krisp version 1.26 or higher on Windows.
You can use the widget before the call for these two purposes:
- see if your voice is being captured by Krisp microphone,
- see if there is any noise in your environment.
Open the widget. You will see the "Not used" indication showing Krisp is not being used at that moment. The moving soundbar indicates that your voice is being captured.
When the Remove noise toggle is disabled, and the bar goes red, it means there is noise present. Enable the toggle to see that the bar goes green. This means the noise will be canceled during the call.
To use the widget during the call, you need to:
- have Krisp microphone selected in a communication app,
- have that app in use.
Turn on the Remove Noise toggle for Krisp microphone from inside the widget to have the noise canceled. You will see that the soundbar turns green.
The widget will also indicate which app Krisp is being used with at the moment.
You can mute and unmute yourself directly from the widget. For that, you simply need to click on the microphone button in the widget.
The widget can open up in two ways:
- manually >>> with the Show widget link in the Krisp app.
- automatically >>> when a call starts. For that,
- go to the Preferences,
- make sure to have the Show widget when call starts box checked.
You can close the widget in two ways:
- click on the minimize button,
- click on the Hide widget link in the app.