Who can face this issue?
Users: users on all plans
You may see this gray screen as your video thumbnail in the communication app you're using.
It can happen in the following cases:
- You have selected Krisp Camera in the communication app settings but Krisp app is not launched.
- You have selected Krisp Camera from the communication app settings but you're signed out of your Krisp account.
- You have selected Krisp Camera from the communication app settings but haven't allowed camera access for Krisp.
Krisp Virtual Camera is not available on your device.
To fix this make sure that Krisp app is launched and you're signed in to your account. Then, check the video tab of Krisp app. If you see the "Allow access to your camera" screen, follow these steps to allow access from the system preferences:
- Click Open system preferences.
- Click on the lock in the lower-left corner to allow changes.
- Select Krisp to allow camera access.
- Click Quit and Reopen to have this take effect.
If your device cannot use the feature you'll get the appropriate message in the Video tab of your Krisp app. You can check the system requirements for VBG here.