This article explains how you can make noiseless calls using Krisp with Webex on your Mac/Windows device. All you need is a 2-sided configuration.
- Select Krisp Microphone and/or Speaker to work in Webex. For that:
- Go to Webex and click your Profile Icon
- Go to Settings >>> Audio
- Change the Speaker/Microphone to Krisp
HintTo benefit the most from Krisp Noise Cancellation make sure to choose Music mode from Webex smart audio. This way Webex noise removal modes won’t interfere with Krisp Noise Cancellation.
Open Krisp and pick the physical microphone and speaker you wish to use and turn on Noise Cancellation toggles.
Start your Webex call.
InfoThe “No call in progress” indicator will be switched to “Used by Webex” when there is an ongoing call.
When the Webex app is open, it uses your microphone to listen for the ultrasonic sounds emitted by Webex Boards for auto-pairing. That’s the reason you can see in the Krisp app/Mac indication panel (starting from Monterey) that Krisp Microphone is being used even after the call.
To prevent Webex from constantly using Krisp Microphone follow these steps:
- Go to Webex >>> Preferences
- From the Devices page >>> Advanced settings Uncheck the Using microphone for device detection box.