When using Krisp together with headsets that have hardware buttons for muting/unmuting the microphone, the mute/unmute state is not visible in the calling app UI (like Zoom). However, it is visible when not using Krisp.
The issue is visible when the user is using
- Apps: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, any other calling app that is showing the mute/unmute state of the microphone
- Devices: A headset that has on-device hardware buttons for controlling the mute/unmute state or taking calls, changing volume, etc
- Platform: Windows
Currently, Krisp does not sync the Human Interface Device (HID) controls between the app and the headset and as a result, the state of mute/unmute is not transferred between the apps and the device.
There is no known workaround for this. However, if you notice that you are not being heard by the other call participants, please do the following:
- Go to Sound Control Panel >>> Recording devices.
- Right click on the microphone you use.
- Go to the Levels tab.
- Make sure that the microphone is not muted.
Fixing the issue
Our team is currently working on a fix to this issue. The fix is expected to be released in early Q3 2020.