Who can face this issue?
Users: users on all plans
Apps: calling apps showing the mute/unmute state of the microphone (ex: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business)
Devices: headsets with on-device mute/unmute, volume control buttons
When using Krisp with headsets that have hardware buttons for muting/unmuting the microphone, the mute/unmute state is not displayed in the user interface (UI) of calling applications such as Zoom. This issue does not occur when Krisp is not in use.
The current implementation of Krisp does not synchronize the Human Interface Device (HID) controls between the application and the headset. As a resukt, the mute/unmute state is not transferred between the calling app and the headset device.
At present, there is no known workaround for this issue. However, if you find that other call participants cannot hear you, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Sound icon on the taskbar >>> Open Sound settings.
- Open Sound Control Panel from the right.
- Go to the Recording tab >>> right-click on the microphone you use.
- Go to the Properties >>> Levels tab.
- Make sure that the microphone is not muted.
InfoOur team is currently working towards bringing in HID support and fixing the above-mentioned issue.