Who can face this issue?
Users: users on all plans
Sometimes you might face the "Krisp is having problems syncing account details" error message on the Krisp app.
This might happen for a number of reasons. The main ones are the following:
- Unstable network connection
- IPv6 connection issue
- TLS/SSL connection issue
- Proxy/Firewall issue
- VPN issue
1. Unstable network connection
Check your network connection or start Krisp with a different network. If that doesn't help, go on to the next steps of the investigation.
2. IPv6 connection issue
Your internet service provider or your router might still be configured for IPv4, while your computer is trying to connect through IPv6. Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is the most recent version of the Internet Protocol (IP). It provides an identification and location system for computers on networks and routes traffic across the Internet. To narrow down the problem, try disabling IPv6, restart your device, and run Krisp again. This is how you can disable IPv6:
- Right-click on the Network / Wi-Fi icon on the bottom right side of your screen and click Open Network & Internet settings.
- Click Change adapter options from Advanced network settings.
- Right-click on the active network adapter from the available networks list and open Properties.
- Scroll down until you see Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) checkbox and click OK to save the changes.
InfoThese setup changes may affect other apps’ usage.
3. TLS/SSL connection issue
If the above-mentioned solutions don't help, there might be an issue with the TLS/SSL connection. To confirm this, we will need the installation logs. Report a problem from inside the app mentioning the error message you're facing in the description.
4. Proxy/Firewall issue
To check if your proxy/firewall configurations are correct, check Configuring network firewall or proxy server settings article.
5. VPN issue
If you are using any VPN service, make sure to disable your VPN and check the Krisp app after that.