Who can use this?
Users: users on all plans
This article will guide you through the process of ensuring that Krisp is correctly installed and running on your macOS device.
- Navigate to your Mac's Spotlight Search by clicking the magnifying glass icon in the top-right corner of your screen or by pressing Cmd + Spacebar.
- In the search bar, type Krisp and press Enter. This action should locate and display the Krisp app.
If Krisp does not appear in the search results, it may not be installed on your macOS device. In this case, follow the steps below:
If you have admin rights for the device: Refer to the Install Krisp article for detailed installation instructions.
If you don't have admin rights for your device: Request your system administrator to install Krisp on your macOS device.
To verify if Krisp is actively running on your device, examine the menu bar at the top-right corner of your screen. If you see the Krisp icon, it indicates that Krisp is currently active on your macOS device.
HintThe status of the Krisp icon will provide you with a clear indication of whether Krisp is ready to eliminate background noise effectively. For more details on Krisp icon states, refer to the Krisp toolbar icons article.
If the Krisp icon is not present in the menu bar, it suggests that the application is either not launched/installed or is not visible due to an overcrowded toolbar.
If the Krisp icon is not visible in the menu bar due to an overcrowded toolbar, you can still check if Krisp is running on your macOS device by following these steps:
- Press Cmd + Spacebar to open Spotlight Search.
- Type Activity Monitor and press Enter to launch it.
- In the Activity Monitor window, locate the Krisp process. If Krisp is running, you should see it listed here.
- You can also use the search bar in the Activity Monitor to quickly find Krisp.