Who can use this feature?
Users: users on all plans
From version: Mac 1.40.11, Windows 1.41.4
Admin control for the feature: from Business plan
ImportantVoice Cancellation has been available on older Krisp versions (Windows 1.30.7 - 1.40.5). For Background Voice Cancellation, consider updating your app if you are on one of those versions.
Background Voice Cancellation is a revolutionary audio technology that detects and removes all other nearby human voices and keeps only the main speaker's voice during communication interactions.
- To be in an enclosed area (contact center, meeting room, office space, indoor cafe, house, etc.).
- Connect a headset device compatible with Background Voice Cancellation.
- Turn on the Cancel Noise toggle for the microphone in the Krisp app.
Background Voice Cancellation will be automatically activated once you start an online meeting and the icon will indicate its state.
Background Voice Cancellation is compatible with most headset devices. For ensuring the best results, we recommend using a headset device with the following parameters:
- Wired USB headset device.
- Headset device with external boom microphone. A boom microphone allows precise positioning next to the user's mouth because the microphone is attached to the end of a boom.
If you are not using a device with the recommended parameters, you can still use other headset devices, such as:
- Bluetooth headsets
- Headsets with on-device boom microphone
- Headsets with mid-length boom microphone
But the requirements mentioned above guarantee the best results.
InfoWe are working on expanding the requirements for compatible devices to include more devices over time that ensure the best results.
Krisp will automatically detect when your headset is compatible with Background Voice Cancellation and activate it. You will see the Background Voice Cancellation icon next to the compatible device:
If your device isn’t compatible with Background Voice Cancellation or hasn't been automatically recognized by Krisp, you will see this icon on the app UI:
To check if manual activation is possible for your device and enable it, go to Preferences >>> Audio and check the Force activation box next to your device name.
ImportantWhen using unrecognized devices with Background Voice Cancellation, the quality of voice or Noise Cancellation may be degraded.
As part of the Background Voice Cancellation feature rollout, the following list of devices has undergone extensive testing. These devices are approved to provide prominent results when used with Background Voice Cancellation.
|Jabra Evolve 20|
|Jabra Evolve 20 MS mono|
|Jabra Evolve2 40|
|Jabra Evolve 80|
|Jabra Engage 50|
|Jabra BIZ 1500|
|Logitech Zone Wired|
|Logitech G Pro X|
|Plantronics Blackwire 3220|
|Plantronics Blackwire 5220|
|Microsoft Modern USB Headset|
InfoWe are constantly testing and evaluating additional headset models and the list will be updated as new devices are approved.
To have the confidence that other people's voices are filtered out properly, you can test it before the actual call starts. Do either of the two:
- Open the Krisp Widget before the call. Have another person talk with you. See the soundbar not moving when the other person talks.
- Do a Noise Cancellation test. Have another person talk with you in the background. See that their voice is removed along with the background noise.
If for some reason you need other people to be heard in your meeting, you can temporarily turn off Background Voice Cancellation. For that:
- Click on the Background Voice Cancellation icon in the Krisp app. Or go to Preferences >>> Audio.
- Select Always OFF under the Voice Cancellation.
InfoThe noise will still be canceled in your meetings, and the human voice will be kept by Krisp.
The team admin can decide if the team members should have the option to use the Background Voice Cancellation. The option is enabled by default.
To control the option:
- Go to your Admin Dashboard on account.krisp.ai.
- Go to the Settings page >>> Notifications.
- Check/uncheck the Allow users to enable Voice cancellation box.